Vision 2017 Update
As we move forward with our 2017 Vision, I wanted to share some exciting developments in the four areas we are focussing on as a church.
- Church Planting with St Mary and St George on the West Side of Wycombe. We are nearly ready to advertise and appoint an Associate Minister to lead this new venture with the aim of raising a team of about 30 people to begin the new plant sometime in the autumn.
- Re-ordering the Lounge, Kitchen, Toilets and Main entrance area. A new buildings team have just begun to meet with our architect Jeremy Bell to bring some plans back to the church later in the year.
- Investing further in our Children and Youth Work.
- With Steph and Pete Shaw moving on in June (as Peter gets ordained), we are about to advertise for a new Youth Pastor who will begin in September.
- A new group has just been formed to begin a new Charity that will look to purchase housing to provide sustainable and long term provision for our Youth and Children’s Pastor.
- Levi and Debora Santana stepping out in Mission to Brazil. Things are progressing well as Levi and Debora are raising support for this next step working with CMS in Brazil. They will be leaving St Andrew’s after Easter to begin their training in Oxford before moving to Brazil in July.
Our Faith Challenge as a Church
In order to see this vision become a reality, there are some real steps of faith for us, particularly with our finances. The total cost for each of the four areas above will be £47,500 (see further details of this here).
How can we as a church respond?
- Pray. Individually and also as a church. Each Sunday for the next 8 weeks we have begun to meet to pray from 7-8pm in the Prayer Room. It would be great if you could join us for at least one of these evenings to pray.
- Communicate. We want to share with the wider church through this email and to keep you updated each month with how we are progressing with our budget.
- Apply for grants. Behind the scenes we will apply for support, particularly for the many areas of Community Work we are involved with.
- Commit Personally. We are asking you to see what your own personal response will be to this financial need. This coming Sunday 5th February I will be sharing with the church how the leaders in the church will be responding. You can let us know how you might like to respond with this simple form we will have available on Sunday or you can do so online here.
Our goal is that by our next PCC meeting on March 20th we have at least half of the £47,500 committed. This will then give us confidence to move forward over the coming year.
In a great wonderful book called Dirty Glory, that I have been reading recently, Pete Grieg says ‘When God gives a promise, it’s our job to pray it into being’.
So do join with us as we pray for God to provide all that we need to bring this vision we believe He has given us to become a reality.
With every blessing,